Navigate Blog...

Monday, September 24, 2012

Product Review: Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush

I really wanted to do a review on this product, because ever since I started wearing makeup, blush was the one thing I never used. I've actually had this blush for about 2 years now, and it's held up pretty well, but soon I will be doing a little research to determine whether or not I should toss it and get a new one.

It's the Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush, and I own it in color #20 - Peach Satin. This blush is what made me add blushing to my makeup routine. It's soft, creamy and subtle. Sometimes I get carried away with it because it's so subtle... if the lighting is not exactly right I can't tell I'm putting it on. I actually like that, because it means I can't possible make myself look clown-ish. But it gives the perfect amount of color and adds a glow to your face - and I love this stuff!

Okay. So first let me tell you about the texture. It's soft and creamy like a mousse, but had a bit of a powdery texture, so it tends to crumble a little. This doesn't really bother me too much, I just rub my finger in it and let the crumbly bits fall back into the container. It goes on like butter and has a little bit of shimmer to it. I especially love this color, because it works beautifully with my skin tone. I'd really like to see swatches/reviews of the other colors if anyone has used this product!





This is my go-to blush. Considering it's the first blush I've ever bought or used, that's kind of a given. However, I did recently purchase E.L.F.'s HD Blush in Superstar, but I haven't used it. To be honest, I'm scared of it! It is liquid/cream and very pigmented. I will give it a shot soon, though, since I did pay for it. We'll have to wait and see how that turns out.

What is your go-to blush?


No comments:

Post a Comment